Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Korean style grilled chicken.

Mmmmmm. I love this stuff. One day my mom discovered this recipe when she was taking a Korean cooking class from a REAL Korean cook. She brought home a sample of it after her class and I immediately fell in love. I almost finished the whole plate before my dad could even get one bite!

Warm juicy grilled chicken with a spicy peppery garliky crust. It will make your mouth crave for more!

Here's the recipe!

Korean Style Grilled Chicken

1 lb chicken
1 scallion
1/4 oz shredded red pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp ginger juice
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp hot pepper paste (this is a Korean brand - check your local Asian market)
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 Tbsp cooking wine

First de-bone the chicken and cut it into 2 or 3 inch pieces. Strike the chicken meat flat. Next marinate chicken meat in ginger juice, garlic juice, and cooking wine for 2 minutes. Mix all soy sauce, hot pepper paste, sugar, chopped garlic, sesame oil, sesames seeds, and black pepper to make a sauce. Combine chicken meat with the sauce and grill them in a grill pan. Finally garnish with cut scallion, shredded red pepper, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.

ENJOY!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grilled Chicken apparently tastes really good!!! This from those who have eaten it.

Though I will never eat it, and I strongly advocate the reduction of meat consumption.

however anything grilled sounds good to me!!!!!^^

Vrushabh S.

Anonymous said...

Question:

What is the purpose of grilling the chicken!?!?!

MORE PEOPLE ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!
all for daniel.
;D

Anonymous said...

wow vrushcakes, I think im pwning u in the area of spamming.

btw, im a beast.

S - guess who???

*hin* my name starts with S...thats a clue for people like vrushcakes...lol. JK